Upon returning in the New Year, site activities are fully underway to complete the site establishment with the arrival of new Site Offices located on the East side of site and new access routes for site staff being installed off the corner of White Street and Edward Street.
The majority of the heavy breaking works adjacent to the White St. residents were completed prior to the Christmas break, with only Block C, situated on the North elevation of site, left to complete in the New Year; together with some localised minor breaking out required for several new drainage runs across the site. Main construction works continue within this period on the new foundations for Blocks F & E, with works progressing on to the RC Frame columns. Foundations to Block D will also start this period.
Upcoming site activities for January
- BKN BikeShare relocated on Edward St & public cycle stands relocated to corner of White St
- The first of three Tower Cranes (TC3) will be erected early Jan’ 20 towards the south elevation (Edward St)
- Foundations to Block E & F cont’d
- New drainage runs commenced across the south side of the development
- Public protection scaffold tunnel erected on Edward St footpath as part of logistics strategy
Looking ahead for February
- The second of the Tower Cranes (TC2) due to be erected mid-Feb’ 20