Thank you to all who came along to the most recent resident meeting on Tuesday 3rd December.
We always welcome your queries and concerns so we can best try and resolve any issues raised. Please see below for the meeting discussion notes:
- Residents requested a schedule of a) when noisy works would take place and b) when other works were due to take place
Please refer to the summary programme of works on this website for further clarity as to when other works will be taking place in the new year.
- Breaking times were reviewed to provide respite. It was agreed that breaking would take place from between 9am-11am, and then 1pm-3pm. It was agreed that this would take place from 4/12.
During the debate around the breaking up of the slabs we opened up the possibility of introducing the principle of quiet periods. To that end we agreed to instigate the following working hours:
08:00 – 09:00 – Quiet Working
09:00 – 11:00 – Noisy working
11:00 – 13:00 Quiet Working
13:00 – 15:00 Noisy Working
15:00 – 18:00 Quiet Working
- McLaren confirmed that there would be a second machine being brought in to ensure the breaking of concrete slab would be completed by 13th December
There has been a struggle to clear obstructions which sit in the way of one of our tower crane foundations, therefore this has lead to a delay causing these works to carry over into w/c 16th December. This work involves a degree of breaking out however we will keep the noisy works within the agreed ‘noisy’ hours. We hope the obstruction will be cleared quickly but we apologise for the delay.
- Residents were concerned to hear of cracks appearing and with the perceived high levels of vibration. Questions were asked regarding the surveys, and why these did not take place earlier
- Residents were concerned with high levels of noise and disturbance. There was a discussion over whether the acoustic barrier should surround the perimeter or just at source.
This is being reviewed.
- Communications were discussed and there was some disappointment that no WhatsApp message had been received and there appeared to be little knowledge of the website. There was a demand for a more formalised public meeting process. We agreed to provide minutes following each meeting, placing these on the website and to provide more notice of future meetings
We apologise for the delay of the WhatsApp messaging service and going forward we hope our communication will be improved through this once established. We will ensure the microsite url will be placed on all communications going forward.
Please note that the next Community Forum meeting will be held on Tuesday 28th January 2020 at 5.30pm
Trinity Hall, Carlton Hill, Brighton BN2 0GW